FFF CONDUCTS 2 -DAY CAPACITY BUIDLING TRAINING FOR ORGANIZATION OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES (OPDs) IN LAGOS STATE ON UNDERSTANDING INCLUSIVE EDUCATION (IE) AND ADVOCACY STRATEGIES.
The training which was funded by Disability Rights Fund under the project tagged “United for Inclusive Education” took place between 4th – 5th May, 2021 at Rita’s Events & Suites, Abule-egba area in Lagos State, Nigeria.
The Objectives of the training include:
- To improve the knowledge and understanding of OPDs on the concept and philosophy of inclusive education.
- To raise the awareness of OPDs on the international and local legal and policy frameworks which support implementation of Inclusive Education especially in Lagos State.
- To support OPDs in identifying opportunities for participating in implementation of IE policy and related activities through strategic partnership with Lagos State Government.
- To strengthen capacity of OPDs to effectively monitor implementation of the IE policy and related activities in Lagos State.
- To draw-up advocacy action plan for the participation of OPDs in implementation of inclusive education in Lagos State
The 2-day training ended with action plan by eight (8) disability clusters that participated in the training that will step down knowledge among members as well as ensure their full participation in the implementation inclusive education in Lagos State. Read more on the training here: DPOs Advocate for Participation in Implementation of Lagos Inclusive Education Policy | BONews Service (bonewsng.com)